Re: [IPk] Weight versus insulin

Hi Barbara
I think one of the most important things to remember is that you should never
compare how much insulin people take. It's dependent on all kinds of things,
not just body weight. If you need more or less insulin than the "average" for
your body weight, then you should take it. In my opinion the consultant is
completely wrong to have her on a fixed amount of insulin for her weight.
If she is always hungry and her BG levels are good, then that suggests she
shold take more insulin and eat more (assuming she's not overweight, which it
sounds like she isn't!).