Re: [IPk] Video tape from the Diabetes Federation of Ireland

Well, it wasn't anything very special, you know what Woman and Woman's Own are
like.  I was asked by Diabetes UK to talk to the health editor.  To be fair
she did know quite a lot about diabetes. Didn't say anything like, will  Sasha
will grown out of it! or anything and wasn't shocked that she had injections,
I have had some people who are amazed by this!!   I said I would draft
something down and send it so that she had all the information to hand.  I
felt better for having written down some facts rather than chatting over the
phone. I knew that it was only going to be a brief article along with some
stuff about type 2 but I didn't want it to be confused.  The article was ok
but not very well titled.  I think it said something like "Could you or your
child have diabetes and what you can do to prevent it" .  Not sure now, as I
haven't had time with sick cats, decorating and things to have a proper read
of it.  I did make it clear somewhere the differences between type 1 and 2 and
the different treatments.  The whole page had little columns and items but all
under the one heading.  I dont think there was anything that was totally
incorrect. I must have another look.

I did give her links to various web sites and on line support groups too but
none of that made it in the article.  Just DUK and JDRF

Jackie