Re: [IPk] Video tape from the Diabetes Federation of Ireland

Hi Jackie
I know what you mean about getting to the point where you don't realise
you're low. I've been there too. I'm glad a friend was able to tell the
teacher about her being low.

The easiest thing would be to just stitch a patchpocket on the inside (that
way you wouldn't see it and things would be less likely to fall out).

If you don't know what I mean, think of the breast pockets you have on men's
shirts. You stitch one like that to the inside of the trouser (in the place
where a pocket  would normally be).
Our school skirts always had pockets, so it was never a problem for me. And
we always had a school bag with us (disgusting brown canvas thing which was
known as a "sac") so I always had glucose tabs in there. And in my pencil
case. Of course, she's unlikely to have her pencil case handy when doing
Scottish dancing or swimming!

But if she had her tabs with her she could easily take a couple before doing
the unexpected country dancing or whatever.

Glucose tabs are probably the best for her to carry because they're more or
less indestructible - I usually split a packet in half or thirds so I don't
have to carry the whole thing around.

P.S. My mum is much better at pockets than curtains :-)
She used to make me pockets in skirts sometimes so I could carry my glucose