Re: [IPk] Video tape from the Diabetes Federation of Ireland

Hi Di

She is fine now most the time if they are in her classroom and doing the same
thing.  It just seems that towards the end of term that routines are suddenly
different and the teachers don't necessarily tell the kids exactly how long
they are going to be somewhere else or what they are going to be doing at a
certain time.  Sasha had two watches and as she had to take them off for PE
and swimming other kids kept fiddling with them and the alarm time kept
getting changed and also both eventually got broken!!! !    I gave the teacher
an alarm clock too but she never used it at all.
I will buy her another watch but even then if they are suddenly taken to a
different class or the routines are changed she will not get the normal cues
that its time to do something.

For instance yesterday they suddenly decided that they would do country
dancing in the morning.  They have not done that before and games and PE are
usually in the afternoon.  Fortunately Sasha was running slightly higher than
normal having had readings higher than normal all through the night.

It was one of her friends that told the teacher yesterday, they concerned as
apparently she looked awful and pale and was staggering about.  It wasn't
Sasha's normal teacher.

The trouble is that I think sometimes she gets to a point that she doesn't
recognise herself that she is going low and I had her say to me that she feels
just fine when she is dropping off to sleep in the day because she has gone
low.  But, as you say the majority of the time she does know and recognise it.
I have actually been scouring the shops for skirts or girls trousers that have
pockets.  All boys  trousers do!!  Sasha would feel totally victimised  and
singled out if I sent her in "boys trousers" !!! As you have no children you
will not have noticed this but boys trousers for school are nicely tailored
with pockets and pleats etc.  Girls trousers are skimpy stretchy things, I so
far I haven't found any with pockets!!!!  Sasha would be mortified if she had
to wear boys  trousers.  Ridiculous I know!!  For someone who lives in jeans
and play football and thinks some girls are sissy.

I suppose I will have to stitch something in,  though I haven't quite worked
out how to do it.

Your mum wouldn't be up for this by any chance (curtains, remember)!!!

I will ask around about the  video.