Re: [IPk] Video tape from the Diabetes Federation of Ireland

Hi Jackie
I know from what you've said before that it's often difficult for Sasha to
speak up when there's a problem like this, and I know that it's likewise not
always easy for the teachers to keep an eye out.

I can't remember why Sasha doesn't have a watch? I know she has problems
telling the time sometimes, but couldn't she use a digital one? I'm sure you
did tell us before, but I've forgotten!

Also, I thought how about her having a friend or two to watch out for her and
to speak up if necessary? I'm sure she must have some outgoing friends in her
class who would keep any eye open and either check that she has her test or
snack, or let the teacher know if Sasha is behaving strangely. Of course, all
the kids get engrossed in what they are doing sometimes, but it might be a

Also can she not carry some glucose tablets in her pocket and just take some
if necessary? I know she often needs to test because she thinks she is low
when she is high and vice versa, but it might be an idea (there are times
when you KNOW you are low, and I'm sure it's the same for her)>

I'm sure you've thought of all these already.
P.S. To make a copy of the video you basically need a dual video recorder or
two video recorders and a connecting lead (in the same way as you would make
a copy of an audio cassette). Ask around and you'll probably find someone who
can do it for you.