Re: [IPk] TheraSense Built-In PDA-Based Glucose Monitor

In message <email @ redacted>, Diana
Maynard <email @ redacted> writes
>Hi folks
>I thought this was quite interesting.

Yes - but as someone who's wedded to her palm pilot, not much good!  I
worry about such hook-ups between specific hardwares: we need dm stuff
to be multi-platform!

While I'm writing ... I do wish that minimed would develop a pc
(?+palmtop) link which would allow me to programme the pump by calling
up a screen, making adjustments, and hitting 'go do it!'.  I have a
complicated basal pattern (well, not that complicated, basically, it
hits pretty close to no insulin at around 5pm, no matter what I'm doing,
and at around 10am it gets close to 0.7/hr if I'm out wandering over the
Black Mountains for a week, and 1.0/hr if I'm lying in bed with a fever
over 100 ... and it gently swings down from 10am to 5pm, and then kicks
up after 5am (anyone else do a 0.1 to 0.8 over half an hour?).

I _know_ I need to do a tweek - but reprogramming the 'exercising'
'normal' and 'sick' all up by a wee bit, a wee bit earlier (summertime,
I guess) is a hassle, and I've been putting it off for over a month!
'Dragging' an on-screen curve, which would then translate into a
programme would be so much better (so would a single profile increased
and decreased by a percentage ... but I wasn't even given a choice of
case colour, so it's stupid to think they'd offer a choice of pumps ...
and anyway, at that time, I didn't know how my pattern altered (or
rather, didn't alter, just increased or decreased) depending on health
and activity.

Not that I'm complaining (much) - I've had a really awful bug, and kept
working, and had a bg averaging over 10 for a month - absolutely
incredible!  Two years ago, it would have floored me, and been averaging
at over 15.  So it's a boring charcoal ... who _cares_?  I'd walk the
streets at King's Cross to keep it.

Best wishes to all,

dm 30+, 508 1+, (not at all offended over the diet stuff - knew I'd been
unclear as soon as I'd read your post!)
Pat Reynolds
   (T. Pratchett)