Re: [IPk] may get a pump

email @ redacted writes:

> Went to see my DNS today and asked about pumps. Expected a negative reply
> but she said I might be a good candidate and is going to refer me to
> Liverpool.

Hi Donna,

I attend The Royal Liverpool and had a meeting with my DNS last week about
the pump.  She showed me the pump itself, explained how it works and asked
questions about the reasons I wanted to try the pump.  The outcome of the
meeting is that she thinks I am suitable for the pump and is now going to ask
permission for the transfer from one consultant to another ( my consultent
isn't involved with the pump - although he's in the same hospital).  The
appointment with the DNS was only a wait of a couple of weeks but I have been
told that it is a slow process, so I am not expecting an appointment with the
consultant within the next couple of months (have told myself to wait at
least 6 months for appointment, but hoping that it doesn't quite take that

If you are considered suitable for the pump you are able to have a 6 month
free trial - I was shown the Disetronic D-Tron so presume that is the only
one offered at the hospital (the D-Tron is waterproof).

Which hospital are you being referred from?  Hope you hear something soon.

Take Care