[IPk] Muliple boluses (was Re: How Stupid can you get???)

In message <email @ redacted>, Julian Woodley
<email @ redacted> writes
>I try to avoid extended Bolus because you cannot eat
>whilst having the extended because you can't bolus during this time.

Not on the minimed 508 (a good reason for having one! - but there are
good reasons for not having one, too) - taking a normal bolus during a
square-wave (or the square-wave part of a dual) is perfectly possible.
What you can't do is have two extended boluses one on top of the other -
as you would want to if you ate a portion, bolused dual or square for
it, and then decided after a bit that you'ld like another portion.  What
you have to do is suspend, work out how much of the square hasn't gone
in yet, and add it to the second bolus.

Also, you can't prime during square wave, which I find a real pain
because I always dual-wave for breakfast (it comes of having peanut
butter on toast or toasted bacon sandwich for most breakfasts!) and like
to chance sets before going to work ... I must change first, and then
eat breakfast, not the other way round.

There's no reason why one shouldn't change sets during an extend bolus,
of course, as one is counting the clicks of the basal so that they can
be extra tenths of unit of prime - and any extended bolus would be
counted in in the same way.

Best wishes to all,

dm 30+, 508 1+, believes anything eaten before noon is 'healthy'.
Pat Reynolds
   (T. Pratchett)