Re: [IPk] 508 battery life & belt clip

In message <email @ redacted>, Diana Maynard
<email @ redacted> writes
>> The 'flickering light but no steady light' means that it isn't hooking
>> up with the meter. Assuming you have the audio bolus turned on (i.e. you
>> can dial 0.5 units using the r/h buttons) then try a different angle -
>> mine only works if it's 'upside down'.
>>
>how can you see the light if it's upside down???
Sorry - a typically Pat way of putting things: not upside down so you
can't see the light, upside down so that the writing is the wrong way
up.  It seems to work best if not pointing exactly at the pump, but at a
couple of cm above it, across it.

As I've said before, my mate Andy who designs these kind of things
(remote radio frequency devices) says about these:  'It's <expletive>
12v technology - you people deserve better!'  Apparently, this
technology we're using is years behind what's coming off car production
lines ....

Best wishes to all,

Pat
(who finds giving up and going to the toilet usually makes the remote
function!)

--
Pat Reynolds
   (T. Pratchett)