Re: [IPk] 508 battery life & belt clip

In message <email @ redacted>, Diana Maynard
<email @ redacted> writes
>That brings me onto another question though. Hjow long does the battery in the
>remote last?
I've changed it once - like all new things put the first change, at a
couple of weeks down to old battery ... lets see ... it's now been 5 or
6 weeks of quite heavy use.

>I use mine very rarely - probably in total I've used it about a dozen times -
>and now the light refuses to come on and stay on (the indicator light I mean),
>so it doesnt' work. The light flashes a bit and that's it. I can't get it to
>work. It looks to me like a low battery problem, but I'm astonished if the
>battery has only lasted such a short time.  Also how do I change the battery in
>it? And what sort of battery does it take? It looks as if I have to unscrew the
>tiny screw in the back of it.
That's right.  The battery is a 12v mn/21/23 which, by the kind of happy
coincidence that rarely happens, is the battery of the pocket scan
meter.  I can't believe I only have to carry two types of battery with

The 'flickering light but no steady light' means that it isn't hooking
up with the meter. Assuming you have the audio bolus turned on (i.e. you
can dial 0.5 units using the r/h buttons) then try a different angle -
mine only works if it's 'upside down'.

Best wishes,

Pat Reynolds
   (T. Pratchett)