[IPk] Exercise and high BGM's

Having read all the correspondance on this issue and having
suffered myself with highs after running, I decided to follow
the advice being given.  As I am running only around 2.5
miles at the moment (25 minutes) it wasn't really possible to
raise my basal back to normal half way through so I cut my
basal to 0.3 (from 0.5) 45 minutes before and then put it
back up to normal (0.6 after midday ) just before I ran. This
seems to have worked well. BGM half an hour before run 6.9,
BGM half an hour after run 9.9 (a big improvement on the 17.2
of last week when I kept the basal rate reduced throughout
the run). It hasn't gone up since either (now 7.2).

I am really pleased and I might try putting the basal back up
to normal a little earlier next time.

Beverley Smith
Principal Development Geologist
SNS Team Leader