Re: 508 remote was RE: [IPk] 508 battery life & belt clip

On Mon, 30 Jul 2001, you wrote:
> Yes, you have to unscrew the back of the remote to change the battery, and
> you get the battery from the supplier. It's an Engergizer A23 12 volt, and
> it's a bit like a AAA battery with one third of the length missing. The
> Phillips screwdriver on any swiss army knife will work on the screw.
>
> I too was surprised by how short a time the battery lasted. I also rarely
> use the remote, but I do like having it, and it has come in handy.
>
> elizabeth

Thanks Elizabeth
Yes, I don't use it that much, but it is very useful when I do need to use it!
An old friend (who is really into gadgets) came to visit last weekend, and he
though it was absolutely hysterical seeing me bolusing with the remote!
Especially when it wouldn't work, and I was holding it right up to my chest!
Di