508 remote was RE: [IPk] 508 battery life & belt clip

Yes, you have to unscrew the back of the remote to change the battery, and
you get the battery from the supplier. It's an Engergizer A23 12 volt, and
it's a bit like a AAA battery with one third of the length missing. The
Phillips screwdriver on any swiss army knife will work on the screw.

I too was surprised by how short a time the battery lasted. I also rarely
use the remote, but I do like having it, and it has come in handy.

elizabeth