[IPk] 508 battery life

Further to previous discussions on battery life, I find my 508 batteries
last only 3 weeks. I don't use the vibrate or illumination modes, but
occasionally use the remote.

However, I have found the cause and the problem lies with the belt clip.
This has a fairly stiff spring and requires a firm press on the clip and
meter to release it. The illumination button is directly under the area
pressed and so becomes activated. Of course, I'm now taking more care in
this area but it's still tricky.

Has anyone found an alternative belt attachment which might solve this
problem?

Allan