Re: Re:[IPk] Stubborn morning high bg

I sympathise with your high morning BGs, as my own BGs did rise very rapidly
between 3.00 am and 8.00am.

I now use an Minimed 508 and program double the basal rate (0.8u/hr) during
this period. Over the whole day I use 3 different basal rates and I found
these by testing very hour during a 30 hour fast - which isn't much fun but
provides very useful data.

Everyone is different and so your nurse's factor of 1u /3mmol is just a
starting point. Perhaps you require 2, 3,or 4 times the normal rate for the
dawn effect.

Good luck