Re: [IPk] Pump Cool Packs

On Fri, 27 Jul 2001, you wrote:
> Until recently we have passed all enquiries for these products to Frio in
> the UK. However they are getting too many individual requests for this to
> enable them to handle them easily. Consequently we have ordered a large
> quantity of these so that we can keep them in stock at AMT .These fit both
> the Minimed and The Disetronic H-Tron pumps in the same size. Initially they
> are available only in Black and are priced at #14.50 each. We can get other
> colours later if there is sufficient demand.
> They keep the pump and insulin cool, and also provide extra padding and
> protection on the beach etc. Call us on 01223 420415 to find out more.
I was considering one for basically sand etc protection, and I figured hey, if
it keeps the insulin cool too that has to be a bonus. But I wonder if John is
right about the constant cooling and warming up disturbing the insulin flow.
Especially as I have problems seeing air bubbles. I've sunbathed before in hot
places and never had any problems with insulin getting too hot (especially as I
use the shortfill method so a cartridge lasts around  3 days).