[IPk] Wine and BGM's

Thanks for the e-mails on this subject.  I realise that I can
use more insulin (and have done) but I am surprised that 2
large glasses could raise my BGM's by 10 units.  It required
a correction bolus of 3.5 to bring it back to normal.  The
CHO content of 2 large glasses of dry white wine should only
have been a little over 2g and even if it was sweet (which it
wasn't) only 20g.  Has anyone else discovered that it takes a
lot more insulin than they would have expected.  I never had
this problem with my pen.

Beverley Smith
Principal Development Geologist
SNS Team Leader