RE: [IPk] Pump Cool Packs

>And I've always assumed that these cool bags were sold for the benefit of
the manufacturer, rather than the consumer. If I'm wrong, please tell me :-)

How terribly cynical, John! But I suspect there is an element of truth. The
hospital that stabilised me dealt with quite a lot of very poor/homeless
clients, and their introductory information pack included information on
keeping insulin safe when you had no access to refrigeration. Their advice
was keep it out of direct sunlight and dispose of the bottle after about a
month. And it would get to the mid to upper 20s there. I can't see a week on
the beach at 30 degrees is going to damage your insulin, so long as you keep
it out of direct sun, as you say. Sand in the pump, of course, is a
different issue!