RE: [IPk] Animas pumps

On Thu, 26 Jul 2001, you wrote:
> I had a look at their website. I like the bank machine-style menu. Their
> pump is slightly bigger than a 508, and they use the same basal
> increase/decrease system as Disetronic: it's on a percentage. That's one of
> the reasons I chose the Minimed over the Disetronic: I didn't want to have
> to spend time figuring out what percentage .7 was of .5, I just want to turn
> my pump up. And I didn't see anything about a square or dual wave bolus,
> which I use frequently.I was interested in the Animas self-priming
> cartridge, however.
> elizabeth

Hi Elizabeth
Yes, I agree about the percentage, though i think when you get used to it it's
probably just as easy to work with.If there is no dual or square wave that is a
bit annoying. I like the cartridge though. There are some people on the US list
using Animas pumps I think, but I've never spoken to anyone who uses one.  I'm
guessing it will be some time before they are widely available in the UK
anyway. I didn't look too closely at all the details on the website though.

Another interesting thing I noticed in that article - in France the cost of
pumps is now refundable by social security.