Dr. Katherine Crothall, Chief Executive Officer of Animas Corporation, said, ``Animas is excited about the European pump market and the Company's prospects in Europe. With the recent decision by the French government to reimburse for insulin pumps and the ever-increasing acceptance of pump therapy within Germany, we expect the European pump market to expand significantly over the next several years. The R1000 has many features that make it ideal for the European market, including its multi-lingual format, abundant safety features, and high precision. The response we've had to the R1000 pump from the European diabetes community to date has been overwhelming.''

Dr. Crothall continued, ``In the past several months we have achieved important milestones, including launch of the R1000 pump in Canada through our distributor Auto Control Medical and the expansion of the our U.S. sales force, with now more than 70 direct sales representatives and diabetes educators. The R1000 insulin infusion pump offers significant improvements over competitors' products, with its user-friendliness and state-of-the-art features. We also take great pride in our 24/7 customer support and our accreditation by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO), this nation's predominate organization for setting standards of quality in the healthcare organizations.''

Animas, with over 170 employees, is dedicated to addressing the large global market arising from the unmet and under-satisfied needs of the insulin dependent diabetic community. The Company focuses on the development and commercialization of cutting-edge, patient-friendly devices ranging from its insulin infusion pump to infusion sets and the development of its proprietary, miniaturized near-IR monitoring of blood glucose. Pre-clinical studies of the Company's continuous blood sugar monitoring technology have demonstrated sufficient accuracy required to overcome problems associated with competitive continuous monitoring technology and necessary for developing a closed loop system for producing an artificial pancreas.

For additional information visit Animas' Internet website at www.animascorp.com

[This message contained attachments]

Message: 2
   Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 08:06:56 -0500
   From: "Mitch Scarlett" <email @ redacted>
Subject: Re: Welcome to new members.....

Hi Shassi,

Well, we've had 14 days in a row that hit over 100.
We're expecting scattered showers a little tonight and a little thunder shower tommorrow night.
BUT, we'll still probably hit 100s each day.
And we don't have all the concrete you do in NEW YAWK, but we keep trying.

I tried the new Crystal Lite drinks that are already in plastic bottles.  IT'S NASTY.
Nothing like the powdered stuff.  I like that. I can't hardly even get myself to drink the lemonade.
The powdered is made with nutrasweet the pre-bottled has sucralose and acesulfame potassium as sweetners.
I repeat.... NASTY STUFF.......

Mitch