[IPk] Thigh thing (was Hiding the D-Tron)

In message <email @ redacted>, Diana Maynard
<email @ redacted> writes
>- the thigh thing (some people love it, I found it just fell down all the time).

I love it, and it would fall down all the time if you put it where the
picture in the brochure shows it.  It has to go above the bulge of the
thigh muscle. The pump then nestles in a hollow in the inner thigh that
could have been made for it.  On a long, hot, day (when bras become
horrid things) the thigh thing too becomes horrid - it rolls itself up.

I have been toying with the idea of buying some lycra shorts, and sowing
a pocket on in the right place, as that would overcome the rolling-up
(although, who would, in their right mind, wear lycra shorts under a
frock on a long drive when the temperature was so high in the car that I
had to put the meter down on the tiled toilet floor for a few minutes
before it would let me make a measurement?  Maybe the problem isn't with
the leg thing, but with living in this climate?

However, I do note that my control is a bit worse on days I wear the
thigh thing, because I can only bolus in 0.5 units (with the remote) and
0.5 units of insulin moves my bg 2.5 m/mol, so I have to aim corrections
and boluses a significant bit higher, or risk a hypo.

AMT  let me try out the thigh thing and the leg thing before purchasing,
to see if I liked them.

Best wishes to all,

DM30+, 508 3months+, a bit quiet of late as I had a three-line whip on
getting chapter one of my thesis to my supervisor, and chapter one
wouldn't write unless I simultaneously wrote the theory and methodology
chapters ...  Now I'm having a nice quiet time catching up on 300+
emails, placating relatives, and getting my bg averages the right side
of 10 again (they crept back up to 11+), while my thesis advisory panel
tries to make sense of what I've written.
Pat Reynolds
   (T. Pratchett)