[IPk] premenstrual blood glucose

raised bg for the 2 weeks prior to menstruation may be due to the increased
levels of progesterone in the latter half of the menstrual cycle. ( this is
known to increase insulin resistance in some people- myself included). I
tend to need 20 to 40 % less basal insulin in the first half of a cycle
throughout 24 hours. Usually this works fine but this time things are being
totally unpredicatable, and I'm suffering from unexplained highs
interspersed with lows when I should be requiring less insulin throughout 24
hours. There's never a dull moment living with DM!