RE: [IPk] High Pre-Menstrual Sugars

Hi Rosemary -

This sort of thing happens to most women, and when it happens depends on
each individual. For example, I generally get an increase three days after I
start bleeding, and then my insulin needs decline again ten days after. But
that's unusual - most women see an increased need before their periods.

Keep experimenting with the basal rates until you reach one that works. I
also have a difference of up to .2 or .3 at some times of the day. At one
stage my period basal rate was 14.4 per day while my non-period rate was
11.9 per day - that's a big difference!