RE: [IPk] Exercise/high bgs etc

I've found if I take my pump off for exercise I'll last for 30-40 minutes
OK but if I don't reconnect then my blood sugar goes up 1-2 hours
afterwards.  I've been trying setting temporary rates instead, starting
an hour before exercise and having it come back up to the normal
rate 15-30 minutes before the end of the exercise. My daytime basal is
0.8 and at the moment I'm trying a reduction to 0.4 for running/aerobics
type activities.   That 0.4 is a bit high though  - last night  my blood
sugar dropped from 5.8 to 2.5 during an hour long class, so I also needed
to eat.  When I tried 0.3 the time before, though, it was too low and I
went up to 13 or something!  Still, I'd rather be fiddling over the fine
tuning than having to eat or drink loads before exercise and then feeling
all sluggish....

The only thing is, the pump gets all sweaty - I just hope that isn't
going to damage it.