RE: [IPk] Re: Being ill for the first time

>And thirdly, well I think if you can keep your BG level rather than having
swinging around (even if only briefly) that's got  to be better.

Oh definitely, but I think that, barring existing complications so that
tight control is absolutely imperative, in the overall scheme of things it's
a smaller issue. I'm assuming here that the person is taking glucose or
something say, 30 minutes before exercise in order to push the BG up so that
you're looking at an hour or so of out of range blood sugar. But I agree
wholeheartedly that, with a pump, you shouldn't need to do this. I think
it's much better to turn down your basal rate a while before the exercise
and get a small rise rather than have this big swing.

I'm just wondering where I picked up this relaxed attitude - it's very
uncharacteristic :-)