Re: [IPk] Re: Being ill for the first time

I am off work with a bug, for the first time since I
got my pump. I took my normal dose of Humalog this
morning, lazed around and by lunchtime my bg was 4.4!
Does this mean that I'm a fraud and should be back at
work?! I suspect the answer is yes...:-)

On the topic of exercise, any advice would be
welcomed: I do hour long aerobics classes two or three
times a week. I remove my pump for the duration and
test my blood immediately before and after. I find
that it drops by about 12mmol during the hour so
unless my starting bg is above 15, I will go hypo. I
am also aware that exercising with a high blood sugar
is not wise. I am trying to find a compromise with my
DSN, who wants me to start the class with a "normal"
blood sugar. Hmm...

Jenny