RE: [IPk] Re: Bernstein

Hi Annie -

I read Bernstein as well, but I'm a vegetarian. I did think about whether it
would be better to eat meat and use less insulin/ have better BGs, but I
couldn't do it. And when I pay attention I do manage to get fairly goood
BGs. And he taught me to cover protein, which made a big differrence in my
BGs, because I'm the sort of person who would eat 4 oz. of cheese or half a
jar of peanutbutter for a snack! So covering protein means that I don't have
sudden swings 4 or 5 hours after the snack.

I think Melissa's advice is very good: work out something that you are going
to be able to stick with, and which gives you the best BGs you can
reasonably achieve.