[IPk] Bernstein

Just wondering how many of you follow Bernstein's (very) low carb diet.  I'm
finally ploughing thru his book and am curious enough to consider it
(although I don't think I've got what it takes to forgo carbs to the extent
that he is suggesting - no fruit for the last 25 years!!).

I do have at least 10-15kg to lose and I have to concede that even with the
pump and having the same b/fast each morning, I still get far too many

Is there any of you have gone down the road I'm thinking of trying?  Was it
successful (in terms of weight loss and bg control)?  Do you follow it as he
prescribes or are you a little less stringent?