Re: [IPk] Re: Being ill for the first time

>Thanks Pat, i am feeling better and other than a couple of days at the
>beginning of the virus my bgs havent been too bad now:-)
>Yes I see what you mean, with my levels being more even during illness
>I certainly feel better than I would have before the pump..

Anne -

Going back to your original question, I find that when I'm ill I require
more insulin for *everything*: higher basal rate (maybe 50% higher), more
insulin for a correction bolus, and more insulin for the carb I eat. It's
as if the body has become resistant to the insulin through fighting the
illness. I can't say for sure, but I get the impression that I get better
much faster if I can keep my bg's in the normal range.

Glad to hear you are feeling a lot better :-)

mailto:email @ redacted