RE: [IPk] Pumper ID

On Tue, 10 Jul 2001, you wrote:
> I wear a bracelete that just says 'diabetic' on it, with the medical
> symbol - except I forgot to put it on today! There is also a card in my
> wallet, but I don't think that's really much use.
> elizabeth

That's why I never take mine off, except when i play goalball - because it's
dangerous to wear it then. But the rest of my team and my coach know I have
diabetes. I also take my pump off then too. I often worry about what would
happen if, say, I was knocked unconscious during a game and the others forgot
about my pump.....but I guess they would remember I had diabetes and in any
case I would end up in hospital, so it would be relatively OK.