Re: [IPk] RE: Zoe's dilema

> Just a thought, but does anyone ever take a break from the pump  (I
>mean a > couple of weeks when they might go on holiday) and go back to
>injecting?  I > know it's not recommended by Disetronic but we can take
>into our own > hands. >
>I can't think why Disetronic don't recommend it. I know quite  a few people
>do take a pump break - personally I wouldn't because it would just be more
>hassle than it's worth getting my longacting insulin sorted out, but
>on hoiday when you might be swimming etc  a lot, I can see it being useful.
>for those who don't like the feeling of being attached to something all the
>time, it's a mental break too.

Hi Zoe,

If you want to take a break from your pump then it's not a problem, in fact
I'm sure our nurse trainers go through that aspect of pump therapy in the
training sessions they do with patients, as it quite often comes up as a
question relating to holidays.  People do sometimes want a holiday from tthe
pump, and I know of patients who have done that, but as Di said, it can be a
lot more trouble that it's worth trying to re-adjust your insulins and then
back the other way when you go back to the pump.  If you want any advice
about taking a break from it, then please contact one of the Disetronic team

Kind regards