Re: [IPk] RE: Zoe's dilema

On Mon, 02 Jul 2001, you wrote:
> Yes Melissa I do use the shortest length and it depends what I'm wearing
> whether or not I have this problem. In the summer with smaller clothes and
> all that it tends to hang out a lot more.  I've just spent the last three
> weeks in a bikini which somewhat intensified the situation!

Can you not just tuck all the tubing inside the bikini - or whatever you're
wearing? That's what I do and I use the longer length tubing. I never leave the
tubing hanging out loose because it's too easy to catch on things. And it looks

 > Just a thought, but does anyone ever take a break from the pump  (I
mean a > couple of weeks when they might go on holiday) and go back to
injecting?  I > know it's not recommended by Disetronic but we can take things
into our own > hands. >

I can't think why Disetronic don't recommend it. I know quite  a few people who
do take a pump break - personally I wouldn't because it would just be more
hassle than it's worth getting my longacting insulin sorted out, but especially
on hoiday when you might be swimming etc  a lot, I can see it being useful. And
for those who don't like the feeling of being attached to something all the
time, it's a mental break too.