[IPk] Pen bolussing

Hello everyone!

Yesterday I woke with a high Bg (13.3) and programmed in a correctional bolus.  As it started to deliver, I got my first No Delivery alarm since I've had the pump.  That was a bit tense until I realised what it was! :o)

I changed the line but decided to put in my correctional bolus by pen.  This is where the strangeness begins ...

With a pump given bolus I get a good reduction in Bg after not long and the desired Bg in 1-2 hours depending on other factors.

With the pen bolus I checked my Bg after one and then two hours and it hadn't moved my Bg an inch!

Has anyone else encountered results like this and do you have better alternatives for if (fingers crossed I won't!) I get the same thing again?

Best wishes to all

Liz Hawkins
IDDM 24 yrs, 508 pumper 2+ months