Re: [IPk] Re: glucowatch

I get fed up that it all takes so long as I will probably be dead and
gone before all thes exciting things are developed-perhaps I am expecting
too much I remeber being over the moon wneh you could buy plastic
syringes and needles!!

type 1 43 yrs returned to pumping nov 2000

>From: "Carmel Matthews" <email @ redacted> >Reply-To:
email @ redacted >To: email @ redacted >Subject: Re:
[IPk] Re: glucowatch >Date: Wed, 04 Jul 2001 08:48:58 -0000 > >That's
true but the glucowatch does not give an instant bg result it is >always
20 mins behind. I bought my first meters i n 1978 at a cost of >#120 and
because the doctors at the time were very sceptical I used to >have to
check it in the clinic against lots of other patients bgs! It >was never
wrong , yes it was more time consuming but eventaually they >believed it
but they can;t have been ebtirely convinced because I used >to have to be
admited for monitoring when I was pregnant-even though the >machine was
comparable to lab tests. > >The Glucowatch was devloped in the US and is
not available there. We are >being used as guinea pigs for it. Like any
new product the co have >invested billions of dollars in the technology
and want to recover their >investment without litigation as could
happenin the states It is a good >product but I would like to wait for
the improvements before spending an >awful lot MORE money on a product
that can be greatly improved >Carmel>From: Steven J Sexton
<email @ redacted> > > >Reply-To:
email @ redacted >To: email @ redacted > >Subject: Re:
[IPk] Re: glucowatch >Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2001 22:59:59 +0100 > > >David >
>I think it depends on what you want it to do and what it was > >designed
to >do, which may be two slightly different things. > >As a >piece of new
technology to measure BG levels with finger >pricking it > >has to be
good news and some could say it has been a long time >coming. >The >fact
that at the moment it can't be used as a direct replacement for > >BG
>testing or cannot be used under some circumstances is understandable >
>because the technology is new and it has only had a limited testing >& >
>development. Know doubt with time it will be a suitable alternative >to
>BG >testing. > >In terms of reliability and accuracy, I think if you
look >back at >when BG >meters were first introduced - how accurate and