RE: [IPk] Re: glucowatch

>No I agree that that is the obvious progression but the pump would also
>require for safety a second phial for a strong dextrose solution for when
>things happen that make you blood sugar drop. for it to be a real pancreas
>replacement. But without this and an alarm system to let you know when
>levels are low would be a fantastic interim step.

I believe some of the prototype implanted pumps that being developed but
are not yet available use glucagon as well as insulin. This is the
anti-insulin hormone, which cancels out whatever the insulin is doing.
Supposedly does it better and quicker than glucose/dextrose and doesn't
make you fat in the process :-)

mailto:email @ redacted