[IPk] infusion set / cartridge change

Does anyone reconnect a used infusion set to  a new cartridge. It says quite clearly on the instructions that sets should be changed at least as often as the cartridges. I use "tenders" and my cartridges (very annoyingly) usually last about 10 days so if I follow the advice given I,d be wasting 2 days worth of infusion set and I fund the consumables myself. Is there any reason why it would not be safe to do the above? (obviously after disconnecting the set from myself)