[IPk] eye peoblems

Has anyone any information on diabetes causing reduced fields of vision not
relateed to Glaucoma? I have read somewhere that it can cause this but
cannot remember where. I have had Diabetic Cataracts removed when I was 21
and have been told that I have no retinopathy but my fields of vision in one
eye are deteriorating and I notice that due to  marked fluctuation in my
blood glucose levels I also suffer blurred vision at times and I now have to
renew my driving licence annually. I find opthalmic surgeons very
unaproachable and cagey about answering questions. I have even written to
him asking questions but have never received a reply!! I am hoping that when
I get the pump at least my blood sugars will be more even any idea? Thanks