No Subject

Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 14:33:38 +0100
From: Diana Maynard <email @ redacted>
Subject: RE: [IPk] retinopathy

 Nephropathy is the kidneys.
 I have a very good article about kidney disease from somewhere - uf you
want I'll send it to you privately (it's quite long).
 Basically, from what I remember,
small amounts of protein in the urine is microalbuminuria (which is what I
have), the next stage where you have larger amounts is proteinuria which
is also called macroalbuminuria.
That sounds like what you have.
The following stage is called ESRD (End-Stage Renal Disease) which is where
the kidneys pack up altogether, and you either need dialysis or a
Let me know if you want the article.

I have microalbuminuria and would like a copy of the article as above.
Would you mind sending it to me please.
I have been given ACE Inhibitors to control the pressure in my kidneys,
which seems to be working OK.
I didn't realise that the condition gets worse and worse until a transplant
is required.  I assumed that I was OK taking the ACE Inhibitors.  My doctor
did say that I would be taking them forever but he didn't mention my kidneys
getting any worse.
The article should help.