Re: [IPk] the pump is definitely helping my hypo awareness

>it's far easier to say 'I have seven units at lunchtime'
than to say 'well, I measure my bg, and I think how long it will be
before I eat, and I think about how much I'm going to eat, and what I'm
going to eat, and where I am in my menstrual cycle, and whether or not
I've exercised that morning, and inject.  The answer is usually seven

That's what I ended up doing on MDI and now on the pump.  The clinic has
this stupid idiot form to fill out that doesn't fit anything that any but
the most pure and obedient diabetic would ever do, and it fits pumpers even
less.  The diabetes nurse was the one who told me the form doesn't fit

Ian Grant mentioned how he wasn't a 'good' diabetic.  Well, I'm not a good
diabetic either.  For example, I brought a bag of almond M&Ms home from the
US, and I et them _all_.  But, I also know that one almond M&M = 1.7g CHO,
so if I have ten of them, I need a unit of insulin.  And my BGs recover.
When I was on MDI, I needed 1.2 units because my carb ratio was 15g/unit.
And I think knowing that makes me a pretty 'good' diabetic!

p.s.  the bloody Diabetes Federation of Ireland is still promoting the 'no
bikkies or chocolate' line.  EEErghhhhhh, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.  I bet I know
what they do in the dark under the covers at night, when they think no
one's watching!  <vbg>