Re: [IPk] Reason for age given

>If you had read some previous messages I related the fact that the first
>non-invasive BG meter was applying for a licence (and it is British), that
>possibly due to pressure from some members of this list there is now a
>good chance that pumps will be included in the NSF, for diabetes, leading
>on to their inclusion within NICE. This is the first real step towards
>their inclusion on prescription. One of the main people behind this is
>someone you speak very badly of, so I shall not include his name, but note
>that without him there would be no chance whatsoever of the above happening.

The inclusion of insulin pumps in the NSF came from the NSF Type 1 working
group, which I  was a part of and was raised/discussed by a number of
people - including myself. I am not sure which individual you are referring
to, although I can probably hazard a guess and they were not part of that
group although they are part of the NSF team.

I think it is unfair to make a statement/claim "that without him there
would be no chance whatsoever of the above happening."

Diabetes Insight & Support
mailto:email @ redacted
There are No Problems only Solutions