[IPk] Re: Control >4 and <8

Hi Sean

Thanks to you John and the others for your
encourangement and for explaining how the boluses
work. No doubt once I am on the pump it will become
even clearer.
On a different note, can anyone give me a rough idea
of how long you should expect to wait to receive a
pump? I contacted the company on 31st May to request a
month's trial and the first appointment I could get
for a training session was 26th July. I know that
there were a few problems trying to arrange dates with
the diabetic clinic but this does seem like a very
long wait. There was a bit of a drama last week when
they tried to change the session to August. I was more
than a little bit angry and after expressing this
anger to the company concerned the session was
suddenly put back to the orginal date! It's amazing
what a bit of anger can do.

> Hi Susan,
> You sound like my type of person. My HbA1C was in
> the same region as yours
> before going on the pump but has dropped since.
> Because of the greater
> control and flexibility over what you eat you should
> expect that they will
> drop by approx.1 to the mid 6's without much effort.
> Keep testing though.
> May I wish you the best with the pump, I don't think
> you will regret it.
> Sean

> Susan - don't worry, the pump will give you massive
> flexibility over how
> much you eat and when.
> John

Do You Yahoo!?