Re: [IPk] The pump & hypo awareness

> What I mean is that I think it most (not all) cases, there can be
> some an advantage in delaying the introduction of a pump to
> children, for two reasons. Firstly anything is appreciated much more
> if the advantage of it can be compared with an earlier time without
> it. If a child is introduced to a pump soon after diagnosis they are
> not in a position to be able to realise how much better it is than
> conventional therapy.

EXCUSE me!! Should we apply the above logic to all forms of medicine.
Perhaps the next time you are ill you should go to the doctor and
have him bleed you so you know how it feels when he uses up to date
medical technology instead. Or, perhaps all amputees should use old
fashion wooden pegs or maybe a push cart for a year two so they can
appreciate a modern prosthesis when we finally provide one.

I can't believe you actually think it is a good idea to withhold
modern medical treatment just so someone will have a good
understanding of how the old treatment sucks. Think how this might
apply to the treatment of other diseases --- AIDS, cancer and a few
come to mind. A good example is the refusal of the S. African govmnt
to provide anti-retroviral drugs to pregnant women. There are many
other examples of this type of thinking....... all bad.