(Fwd) [IPk] the pump is definitely helping my hypo awareness

From:          email @ redacted

Well, I had a nasty hypo last night, but it was also a good sign.  Of
course, none of it would have happened if I hadn't had chips at the
seaside in the evening!

I chased my chips with entirely too much insulin (this was a sheer
mistake - I took one unit too many, and I haven't a notion where my
brain was at the time), and I woke at 12.30am at 2.2 with the sweat
pouring off me like a fountain.  I haven't had hypos symptoms like
that in quite a long time, although I still had some symptoms.
Generally, I would just feel really bad, or occasionally, if I was
asleep, I would dream about food.  At this stage I'm well conditioned
to wake up if I dream about food!

But even in my sweat drenched misery I could see the good side of this
episode.  And I think it'll swear me off chips for quite a long time.
I've been 'testing' what I can do with my pump since I got it, and
perhaps I've finally learned that no matter what insulin delivery I'm
using, chips are entirely too much hassle to bother with.

elizabeth