(Fwd) insulin at night was Re: [IPk] the pump is definitely he

From:          email @ redacted

>I can go back to my usual
nighttime basal. I didn't like taking that much insulin during the
night for no apparent reason.

One thing I like about my pump is nighttimes have become a lot more
predictable.  for the two months or so before I went on the pump, my
nighttime responses to insulin were getting very unpredictable unless
I kept to a very tight diet.  There had always been times of the month
when an injection of short-acting insulin would be half as effective
as at other times of the month.  I think part of my problem during
those few months was that, even when I intellectually knew that I need
twice as much insulin to lower a high because I was going to sleep, I
wouldn't take it because I was petrified of having a hypo in the
night, just in case I was wrong about the effectiveness for that
night.

So far, things have been much more predictable with my pump, and
that's the way I like it!

elizabeth