(Fwd) Re: [IPk] the pump is definitely helping my hypo awarene

From:          email @ redacted

>Hi Elizabeth
I don't follow your reasoning. If the hypo was because you took an
extra unit by mistake, why does this mean that chips are too much
hassle? Di

Well, that final, accidentally too large, dose of insulin was the
third dealing-with-chips dose.  My BGs ran over 11 for about three
hours - despite starting out with 5 units in the first place, and a
(slowish) 45 minute walk on the strand.  I think chips spike my
numbers very quickly, and then the fat keeps the BGs up there for a
long time.  And it's always messy for me to go to sleep when I'm not
100% sure what's happening.  I almost always have some sort of problem
when I do so, although it's usually high BGs in the morning - which I
much prefer to hypos in the night.

Once again, I left out lots of detail because I don't want to bore
people, but I probably just created confusion instead!

elizabeth