(Fwd) Re: [IPk] the pump is definitely helping my hypo awarene

From:          "Abigail King" <email @ redacted>

----- Original Message -----
From: Diana Maynard <email @ redacted>
To: <email @ redacted>
Sent: Thursday, July 06, 2000 12:01 PM
Subject: Re: [IPk] the pump is definitely helping my hypo awareness

> >Me too!!! - for the last 2 weeks or so. Cosmic waves perhaps? I might
wake
> >at 4am, feeling very high, go to the loo, take 3 units, and wake in the
> >morning with a vaguely normal bg. I kept blaming strange foods, new
> >routines (we've just moved house), whatever... I then raised my nighttime
> >basal slightly, and ended up very low in the morning. So I think
something
> >funny is happening at some point in the night - looks like I could use a
> >stint on the continuous glucose monitor.
>
> For me, it wa just a case of running high all night - even a basal
increase
> had little effect. At first I blamed various things, then tried to keep
> calm and just put it down to "something weird". Finally I was beginning to
> lose patience and get really frustrated, when it all goes back to normal.
> Strange weather patterns? Cosmic waves? Alien visitations?
> Who knows?
> Di
> Does anyone manage to acheive "good control" ie readings usually around 4
to 8 and rarely above 10 ,with less than 2 or three mild hypos in a
week? I wish I knew how to. Or am I being a bit unrealistic? I don't
particularly mind the mild ones although I find them a bit
demoralising, but I worry that they put me at more risk of severe
episodes(like many others I have a responsible job, need my driving
licence and live alone).I must admitt I love being able to switch off
the pump it makes them so much easier to deal with.