(Fwd) Re: [IPk] the pump is definitely helping my hypo awarene

From:          email @ redacted

>> Does anyone manage to acheive "good control" ie readings usually around
4
to 8 and rarely above 10 ,with less than 2 or three mild hypos in a
week?

I can do this if I keep to a very tight diet - which never seems to
happen for more than two or three days! Tight, for me, means between
150-180g of carb a day, coming from fruit, veg, and beans, and a few
ryvita or oat cakes.  No bread, spuds, rice, pasta, chips, cakes, etc.
 I generally feel very good on this diet, but i always fall off the
wagon for some reason or another.  I do also have to eat a good amount
of fat to make up the calorie difference, so I eat a lot of avocadoes,
olive oil, sunflower spread, and so on.  Luckily, I really like all
these things.

elizabeth