Re: [IPk] the pump is definitely helping my hypo awareness

>I tend to avoid chips and bought pizza because they seem to be too
>unpredictable. I could spend a lot of time figuring out how to deal with
>it, but to be honest, I'm not bothered enough about eating them to bother.

Are we discussing the soggy English type of chip? I had one of my worst
ever nighttime hypos after a few beers and a large bag of chips about 10
years ago (pre-pump) - landed me in hospital. I blamed a combination of
alcohol and greasy chips. Since then my culinary standards have increased a

>I've just had a spell for 2 weeks where my nightime BGs were really high -

Me too!!! - for the last 2 weeks or so. Cosmic waves perhaps? I might wake
at 4am, feeling very high, go to the loo, take 3 units, and wake in the
morning with a vaguely normal bg. I kept blaming strange foods, new
routines (we've just moved house), whatever... I then raised my nighttime
basal slightly, and ended up very low in the morning. So I think something
funny is happening at some point in the night - looks like I could use a
stint on the continuous glucose monitor.

mailto:email @ redacted