Re: [IPk] new pumper

----- Original Message -----
From: email @ redacted>Inge Cairns
To: email @ redacted>email @ redacted
Sent: Tuesday, July 04, 2000 11:24 PM
Subject: [IPk] new pumper

After an initial insulin reduction when I started on a pump last week, I am now back to my pre-pump dose - is this usual?  The first few days were pretty good, but I'm having problems with my control now - am I being too impatient?  Thanks in advance,
I've only been using a pump for two months and for the first two or three weeks after initially dropping' my insulin requirements increased again. My basal requirement is now around 13.4 units (prepump dose was 14 with apallingly unpredictable readings). my control is now much better but I'm still having to make some adjustments which is probabley due to the shifts which I am working. Don't get discouraged if things don't settle down immediatley, it can take a few weeks.