[IPk] Insulin Inhaler

I think the insulin inhaler has been a big break through, in terms of
finding an alternative delivery system to injections - which has always
been a big stumbling block.

I can see the potential it has for some people and possibly for type
2's.  As Susan said the introduction of insulin at early stage has shown to
be beneficial and this may be a suitable means of overcoming the "fear" of
injections and the sense that people often feel their diabetes has worsened
because they are now injecting.

I would perhaps question it's suitability for Type 1's, only because of the
need for accuracy of measured insulin doses.

I was surprised about the size of the inhaler, I would have thought the
technology already existed to produce something smaller but may be that
will come with time.

Diabetes Insight & Support
mailto:email @ redacted
There are No Problems only Solutions